If you are curious about what an Everyday Icing Audio story sounds like, here's a sample for you to enjoy.
Do you have a 'cold' person in your house? Someone like me who wears socks every day and night from August to June?
"Margo" is the story of a farm cat who just can't get warm during a winter snowstorm. She tries many ways to get cozy so she can sleep, but none of them work. That is, until the humans do something that miraculously solves her problem.
Margo's experience is based on a true story. My friend graciously shared with me that when she was a little girl in rural northern Saskatchewan, she had a farm cat who did exactly what Margo did to warm up during a cold winter night. Apparently no one was very impressed with the outcome!
Grab a blanket, put on some cozy socks and let me tell you the story of Margo. CLICK HERE to access the audio story for FREE on Dropbox.
Here are some discussion questions so you can chat after the story and stay in your warm spot for a while longer.
"Margo" Discussion Questions:
- Why does Margo not like being cold?
- If you were her, how would you try and get warm if the people wouldn't let you inside the house?
- If you were a character in this story, who would you be? Why?
- What kind of cake would you like to bake?
- Do you think that Margo would prefer sleeping inside or outside for the next snow storm that arrives on her farm?
If you enjoyed Margo, you can find it in Everyday Icing Book One storybook in the shop.
Once you get a chance to listen to Margo's story, please let me know what you think in the blog comments below.
Make sharing a story the sweetest part of your day <3